Monday, May 16, 2005

NLB xISBN bookmarklet

I forgot to post this for the longest time, but here it is at last:

There's now an official OCLC xISBN bookmarklet for the National Library Board, Singapore! You can install it here. Basically, Eric Childress of the OCLC noticed my blogpost about modifying my NLB LibraryLookup bookmarklet to take advantage of the xISBN functionality, which lets you search for various editions of a book, which have different ISBNs, with a single ISBN search. That is to say, my post was about my inability to modify the bookmarklet. Jeff Young, also of the OCLC, then created a bookmarklet specially for the NLB catalogue and e-mailed me about it. Thanks, guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Chew said...

Great! I'm sorry I didn't have time to try it out earlier (from your earlier email. It's lost somewhere in my in-box...) Anyway, I enjoyed your post on how the bookmarklet came about. This is grassroots Library Activism at its best!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home